Sunday, November 2, 2008

LeliMelo Supports Mom-prenuer Shop-a-thon

I came across a few new blogs a few weeks ago and have been a faithful reader because of the content and, quite honestly, the beautiful layouts are aesthetically pleasing. One of the blogs that I'd like to point out is called 'Tip Junkie', written by Laurie. The blog is adorable and entertaining and such a joy to read. Laurie promotes mothers who run their own businesses and for this 2008 Holiday, the blog is encouraging all family and friends to buy from the hand-made stores listed on the site.

I am not a mom, but I do run my own handmade jewelry business and I know that it's a tough job to be a one-woman-show. I can only begin to imagine what it's like to run a business and have a family to tend to. My mom started her own company with my dad and it's quite successful now, but my parents worked extremely hard to get where they are now. It must have been hard for my mom because she also had three children and her own sisters to look out for, but she managed everything so well.

I truly believe in Tip Junkie's message about supporting women and because of that, I have signed up to be a part of the hand-made holiday list. So check out the site, have a look around and support women! Thank you!

No comments: